This has to be my current favorite dinner dish. Sorry Robbie, this means we will be having it at least monthly until I have worn out the recipe. Below is the recipe with Renae's changes from the original.
6 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
1 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas
1/4 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces enchilada sauce
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the milk and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
This time I made them with corn tortillas at Robbie's suggestion (too bad he was in Georgia so he didn't get to try them.) Either corn or flour tortillas you can't go wrong. I also omitted the evaporated milk which allowed the enchilada sauce to add a little more heat to the dish. When I make these again I could go either way with or without the added milk/cream. Here is the link to the original recipe.


2 comments:
Sounds yummy! I'm sure Rich will enjoy these...thanks for the recipe!
I like the change up...of your blog AND the recipe. I will have to try corn tortillas next time.
Post a Comment