Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why I don't home school...

The other night I was helping Katelyn with her homework which was to read a story and write two sentences.

Mom: Start your second sentence with "When" you are not supposed to start a sentence with and.
(Something we are working on...she is the queen of run on sentences and will keep adding words on to her story and keeps writing and keeps making words without using ending marks and just keeps joining her thoughts with ands instead of forming sentences.)


Katelyn: Fine! Then I am not a good writer!

Mom: You are a good writer - you just can't start a sentence with and.

Katelyn: Well if I am a good writer that let me write how I want to write and I want to write and because it sounds right to me.

Her sentence: In the rain I like to Splash! Splash! in the puddles. and When the rain stops I see a rainbow.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lol! Lisa, you crack me up with your (run-on sentence)! Katelyn's hilarious - I miss her.

I have more cans for you!

GG said...

Keep the precious thought process going!
Everything does not have to be learned in K:)