Monday, January 12, 2009

24

I admit when I watch 24 I get a little "jumpy" the rest of the week. Today I was helping Katelyn put her coat on and I see the garage door start to open. I use my Jack Bauer moves and push it shut with my shoulder against it, so the intruder can't come in.

As I try to lock the door I shout:
"Robbie is that you?"
"Robbie is that you?"

Robbie was supposed to be meeting with a client so I really didn't think it was him. The intruder on the other side keeps trying to push open the door.

I keep shouting "Who is it? Who is it?"

I hear a little kids voice, so I calm a little and ask "Who are you?" and it clicks that I have a 2 1/2 year old son.

I open the door to let my son in and he says to me,
"I'm not Robbie! I'm Robert"


Fact. Most burglaries happen during the day. Fact. Most burglars get in through unlocked doors. Fact. The Office is all new this Thursday.

12 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Hahaha You are awesome! Thanks for watching my kids today you are such a lifesaver!

Andrea said...

Oh man, that is hilarious! I'm still giggling. I love Robert...

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Molly L. Phillipps said...

That is a hilarious story. fact.

Kathy said...

I get a kick out of you doing Jack Bauer moves. You are totally going to need to demonstrate that for us. I can't wait for the office.

Brittney and Michael said...

You crack me up, Lisa! Thanks for the laugh.

Laura said...

LOL. Great story! Fact: I will be watching The Office, and 30 rock.

Chris said...

24 is my all time favorite show. I love when Jack talks to Chloe on the phone and asks her to do some ridiculously impossible task. She tells him that she won't be able to. He screams at her. She accomplishes the task.

Sharon said...

Glad to know that you can keep out a 2 1/2 year old intruder :) LOL!

Joe and Julianne said...

LOL! Maybe you watch too much tv :)

Sharon said...

Glad to know you can keep out a 2 1/2 year old intruder!!

Kaylee said...

I LOVE THE OFFICE WHEN I GET IT!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Hopefully that intruder won't try and break in again :)